Pages

This is the room I've called home since I was 7 and its been through many phases and redecorations. There are so many things I would love to hang on the walls to make it cozy and decorative, but I'm hesitant since I don't know how long I'll be there. Then again, I've been saying that since I graduated from college in 2009. It is all mine and is one of my favorite places in the world. I'm fine admitting that being so attached to this space is partially what keeps me living here. The street noise is comforting, the late afternoon light through the windows is warm and despite the painfully small closet, its perfect.
When you walk through the door, this is what you will see. My bed is super comfy, but when I first got it at 15 it terrified me. I was used to sleeping on a futon mattress in a loft-style bed or on the floor, and this gigantic monstrosity made me incredibly uncomfortable (like sleeping on a table). The night it came I escaped to my friend Carl's house where we attempted to watch Clerks while I put popcorn in his ears and then I came home and slept on my couch...for a week.
That clock is wrong, but glows so pretty in the dark.
The chests in my room belonged to my great grandparents when they were first married. That bookshelf came from Wal-Mart, hence the sagging shelves. My stuffed dog is named Tater and I'm convinced Rich wants to steal him.
The photobooth pictures are of my friend Nick and I and it makes me laugh every time I think of when we took them (it involves beer). My milk bottle is filled with seashells I collected on vacation.
Maybe Baby is my favorite scent of all time. The bike is from Italy and actually meant to hold keys (or necklaces) and I need to hang it up.
The inside of my too-small closet, packed with vintage dresses and sweaters.
I don't belong to a gym because I would never ever go, but when its too cold to ride my bike I ride this stationary and watch TV.
One of my all time favorite pictures of me and my girlfriends in Paris when we were 18. Sam (on the far left) lives there now!
When I was 16 I went through a phase in which I wore corduroy pants and wings everyday. For my Sweet 16 my friend Kat made these beautiful wings for me by hand and I will keep them forever.
How did I end up with such a huge TV?! It was meant for my college dorm, but then I found an apartment and my TV found a nice home, and Ratatouille.
So that's my room! And yes, it is always this neat because I have issues with disorganization.

29 comments

  1. This is so cute, I like the tour and I think your room is adorable. I like the pink desk.

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is so awesome! I miss having my own room. I am determined to make the guest room all girly though. I love taking a little peak into your daily life, STUFFED ANIMALS. <3 One more reason for me to love you (like I needed it). 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty.  Love your quilt.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love you quilt comforter!
    you room is too cute!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. kallie, I loved knowing his bedroom, he is beautiful .. loved all the details, The stuffed dog is beautiful,I liked the white chair with stuffed animals, she is beautiful, your bedroom is very cozy
    these photos are from my bedroom
    kisses rose-in japan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room is just like you full of lots of personality X

    ReplyDelete
  7. SWEATshirtDRESSshirtDecember 1, 2011 at 2:28 AM

    Wow! I'm jealous. I wish my room were always this neat.

    By the way, I really love the coziness vibe your room gives off. :)

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

    ReplyDelete
  8. That room is so special!  So much personality!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your room is so beautiful and clean! Mine's just a total mess. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your room is lovely! It manages to be really pretty and cosy but lived in...it doesn't look like the 'show room' you sometimes see on blogs. I also love that all the various bits and bobs tell such a great story...I've lived in so many rented places now my room has had to be condensed to the size of a backpacker's belongings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh, your room is lovely! It suits you perfectly. I love it.

    x

    http://www.bonjourbellerue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loveddd this post.  I love how you have so many little things with memories attached.  My whole room is full of randoms like that.  I just filled out an application this morning for an apartment, and it's definitely bittersweet.  I have a lot of memories in and am very attached to my bedroom.  It's been mine for years and years...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha, you're cute.  I love that you were intimidated by your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems crazy to think of having the same room for so long. The longest I've lived anywhere has been 3 1/2 years and the shortest was a month haha. I've been living in my current apartment since late April but the walls are COVERED in stuff. A frog collage, glow-in-the-dark stars on my ceiling, framed photoes everywhere... just go nuts and make your place home. It's fun decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Celia Monday ReceptionistDecember 1, 2011 at 3:25 PM

    Ahh you have such a lovely tidy room :)
    20-over.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are we the same person?  My room has been dark pink since I've been 15 (six years now), and every year I'm like, "You know, this really isn't me anymore.  I should paint," and every year I'm also like, "Nahhhh.  I'm not going to be here much longer anyway, so what's the point?"  I've been telling myself this since I've been 17 or 18 and guess what?  I'm still here, living in a Pepto pink room that is on the verge of hideous, but it just seems like home now.  I'm a little envious, though, because your room looks to be about double the size of mine.  I can't even fit a full in my room.

    Thanks for giving us the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your room! The quilt and book cases are staples in my own room as well ;)

    xx
    Kat
    rebelrousher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wooo! I love people's bedrooms in such a non creepy way. When I was younger and I went to a friend's house, I'd immediately ask to see their room. Your's is so comfy and homey looking! Photobooth pictures are a must, as are overflowing closets. <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. This space reflects you so clearly.  Very adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love looking into people's rooms! not to sound like a creeper, haha but i think its just an interesting piece of a person's live that other people rarely see. you're room is so very tidy! wishing mine looked like yours all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love seeing other bloggers rooms. Yours is very beautiful and so sweet that you've had it since you were seven. I know what you mean about not knowing how long you will stay. This is an underlying feeling I have where I am currently living at the moment. I know I'll be moving out sometime in the next year but no idea how soon it could be.

    tia-cherie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. sweet room, it's so neat! love your quilt and glow in the dark clock :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute idea for a blog post! 
    Not gonna lie; I have a clock in my room that doesn't work, too. It's the ticking. It makes me insane. So I removed its batteries.

    www.thequirkypoet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thats actually hilarious! Sometimes clocks just need to be for decoration. Like fancy watches without the numbers on the face lol.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful room you have, and the quality of the pictures are just great. What camera did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

previous next