Pages

The first time I saw this top on Lily's blog I knew exactly how I was going to style it. Inspired by Christina Applegate's character in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead and her grown up nine to five look she adopts. Paired with velvet jeans and a velvet blazer, its my more modern take on the 90's female power suit.
Gap velvet blazer, Levi's high waist velvet jeans, vintage swap top, vintage purse, H&M pumps
The swap was started to show that clothes don't have to be brand new or expensive to be stylish. By sharing these clothes with each other and styling them to our own individual taste it proves that a .50 cent top can be just as versatile as one from a department store or H&M.
The swap includes these stylish blogs stay tuned to see how they'll style the items:
Love Charles Vintage
Flattery
District of Chic
Hummingbird Girls
Mousevox Vintage
Missing Lovebirds
Selective Potential

8 comments

  1. I love this top and how you've styled it. The red bag also adds a lovely pop of colour. I'm all for thrifting and vintage clothes so I love the ethos of this swap! Looking forward to seeing how the other bloggers style it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these velvet jeans! They look lovely on you!
    Really like this ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning! Such an amazing outfit and your hair looks great! Love those velvet jeans!

     x Aliya
    www.hillsidestory.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. sartorialsidelinesMarch 10, 2012 at 11:05 AM

    I love this!!!! The print on the top is perfect with the velvet pants and jacket.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are super beautiful and I love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look fab, love this simple outfit, and the bright red bag just sets it off

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead, I rewatched it a few years ago and couldn't help but laugh at the fashion runway show in her front yard - so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks awesome on you! I love the velvet jeans and blazer paired together. Such a cool outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

previous next